Friday, August 24, 2007

Good Bye Capital Kids, Kindergarten Here I Come!








I still remember the first day Ethan went to the daycare center in Silver Spring. It was February 2004, he was just 18 months old.

We left him at the playroom with all the kids and went with the teacher to his classroom to set up his stuff. When we finished organizing his stuff I wanted to go back to give him a goodbye kiss but the teacher stoped me. She said if you let him see you now, he would cry. So I hid at the corner of the wall to peek; just want to make sure he was ok. And I saw Ethan also peeked through the wooden fence as if he was looking for us. I left the daycare crying like a baby.....

That evening when we picked him up, the teacher told me that Ethan did not cry at all. In fact he was laughing and playing well with everyone.

Six months later, Ethan entered Capital Kids, Washington DC; he was two years old then.

During these three years, Ethan was potty trained, learned all the alphabets, participated in the gym class, learned self-control and self-discipline. He can now write a simple sentence and read books up to the second grade level. He recites 44 Presidents in chronological order, 50 states in alphabetical order, pledge of allegiance, seven continents and three oceans; he can count to 100 and add and subtract.

One afternoon after Ethan and Daddy picked me up after my work, Ethan told me: "Mommy, I am going to be a Train Engineer when I grow up (Ethan has a huge fetish on trains). I will miss you when I go to work but I will see you again after my work..."

Five years, these was the toughest five years that I ever encountered in my life. But I am really thankful that Ethan turns out to be a wonderful boy for he is friendly, loving and smart. Thank you Capital Kids, for making my Ethan a fine boy! I would never be able to accomplish this without helps from all the teachers.

No comments: